StaffZone | Accessibility | Font size: A- A+

Freedom Of Information

The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI)  provides a right of access to a wide range of information held by public authorities, including the NHS. The purpose is to promote greater openess and accountability.

Our duty to you

The Freedom of Information (FOI) 2000 requires us to:

  • provide information to you about the organisation through a publication scheme
  • provide a guide to this information
  • respond appropriately to requests for information

Before submitting a request for information, you should see if the information that you are seeking is already published. If you request information from the organisation that is already published, then we will simply refer to the published source.

You may well find the answer to your question is already published on our website.

For further information about the FOI, you can read the Guide to Freedom of Information.

Who can request information?

Anyone, anywhere in the world can make a FOI request to the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).

What can I request?

You can seek any recorded information that you think the organisation may hold.

If the information you seek is environmental then we will respond according to the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR). You do not have to know whether the information you want is covered by the EIR or the FOI Act. When you make a request, we will decide which law applies.

If the information you seek is your own personal data or information about yourself then you should make a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act 1998 (DPA), and not under the FOI Act.

Who to contact?


Postal address: 1st Floor West Wing I New Alderley House I Victoria Road I Macclesfield I Cheshire I SK10 3BL

Further questions:

What information must I include in my request?

What happens when my request is received?

What can i do if i am unhappy with the reply I receive or the way in which my request was handled?

How do i request information?


Subject Access Requests

Under the Data Protection Legislation you, or someone acting on your behalf with your consent, have a right to request access to view or obtain a copy of any personal information we hold about you.

An individual does not have the right to access information recorded about someone else, unless they are an authorised representative (acting under a Power of Attorney or a Court of Protection Order), have parental responsibility, or are acting on behalf of a deceased person (Access to Records Act 1990).

A subject access request must be made in writing. The requestor does not need to state or refer to “Subject Access Request” or the “Data Protection Act” when making a request; however, it may help to ensure requests are processed without delay if they do state “Subject Access Request” in correspondence.

NHS Eastern Cheshire CCG must respond to a subject access request promptly and in any event within 30 calendar days of receiving it. When responding to a request, it is an offence to alter the material before it is released. There maybe a charge to have a copy of your record provided, however you will be informed of this prior to your record being disclosed.

If NHS Eastern Cheshire CCG does not respond appropriately to requests for personal information, the requestor could make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.

Who to contact?


Postal address: 1st Floor West Wing New Alderley House I Victoria Road I Macclesfield I Cheshire SK10 3BL