StaffZone | Accessibility | Font size: A- A+

Health Service Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you can request an Independent Review of your case by the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman – contact details are:

The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower
Telephone: 0345 015 4033

For information

The Ombudsman will NOT handle a case unless it has been through the NHS Complaints procedure.

Further useful information

How to use an Ombudsman in England

What to do if your not happy with the NHS leaflet

Who we are and what we do (BSL)


Complain for Change Campaign


Many people don’t complain because they find it hard or think it won’t make a difference. The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman want to help people who want to complain about government or health services.

The Complain for Change campaign, developed by the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman focuses on people with a learning disability and their families, friends and carers. The aim of the campaign is to give people the confidence to complain to the NHS if they are unhappy with the service they have received.

If you have a learning disability you may need more time with your doctor. This is just one reason why you may not be happy with your healthcare. For example, you may think that your doctor or nurse did not listen to you, respect you or give you information in a way you could understand.

Further Information

For further information about the camapign, please visit the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman here.

There are a number of resources available in an easy read format which you can download below:

Easy Read - What to do if you are not happy with your healthcare

Tips on making a complaint to the NHS in England

I complained - GP Poster

I complained - Carer Poster