StaffZone | Accessibility | Font size: A- A+

Tell Us

...your ideas

NHS Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group is always interested in hearing from members of the public and providers of healthcare of any innovative ideas for improving health services and health experiences. If you would like to submit your ideas, please follow the link below.

Submit Your Idea

Before submitting an idea we would encourage you to review our Annual Plan which identifies our key commissioning priorities. These priorities are developed by assessing the needs of our population. By reviewing this plan you will be able to see the clinical areas in which we are developing services and this will inform you of where opportunities are most likely to emerge for new providers to offer services.

Any new services being commissioned by the Commissioning Group will be advertised on the "supply2health" website. This ensures that all providers of services have an opportunity to bid for services. Providers are able to register on "supply2health" in order that you will automatically be notified when we advertise services.

Please provide at least one form of contact if you require a response.

Captcha Test Image

...your complaints, concerns and compliments

There may be times when you are not happy with your care and treatment. A first step could be to speak to the healthcare professional involved so that they can if possible put things right. The aim for the NHS is to sort out any problems as quickly and professionally as possible. In line with NHS policy there will be no detriment to your treatment and you will not be penalised in any way because you have made a complaint. Your complaint will not be placed on any part of your medical records.

Who can make a complaint?

A complaint can be made by a patient or a person affected or likely to be affected by the actions or decisions of an NHS organisation or primary care practitioner. A complaint can also be made by someone acting on behalf of the patient or person, with their consent.

What is the time limit?

You should make a complaint within 12 months of the event(s) concerned or within 12 months of becoming aware that you have something to complain about. However, it is much easier to deal with your complaint if it is made as soon as possible after the event.

How will the Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) handle my complaint?

The first stage of the Complaints Procedure is called Local Resolution. Your complaint should be made in the first instance to the NHS organisation or primary care practitioner providing the service alternatively you can make your complaint to the service commissioner. 

You can raise your complaint immediately by speaking to the member of staff (e.g. doctor, nurse, GP, dentist, pharmacist or the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). It may be that your concerns can be resolved without making a formal complaint. However if you do wish to pursue a complaint you can do this in writing, verbally, face to face or by email to the primary care practitioner, NHS organisation concerned or commissioner of the service.

If you wish to complain directly to the CCG about a service they commission, they will liaise with the provider of the service and will ensure that your complaint is investigated and a response is received in a timely manner. If you choose to make your complaint verbally a member of the complaints team will put this in writing for you. You will be given the opportunity to discuss your concerns with a member of the Complaints Team and say what you would like as an outcome.

The timescale for the response will be agreed with you and you will receive a written reply to confirm the outcome of the investigation into your complaint.

Our response

Following an investigation into your complaint you will be sent a formal response from our Chief Officer, including an explanation of our consideration of your complaint, an honest explanation, conclusions that we have reached in respect of your complaint, any remedial action that is considered to be appropriate and confirmation that the action has been taken or that it will be actioned.

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service may be contacted on 01625 663 477.

or in writing to:

The Patient Advice and Liaison Service
1st Floor
West Wing
New Alderley Building
Victoria Road
Sk10 3BL

or via E-mail: or

View our complaints policy

You can view our complaints policy by clicking here

Cheshire & Merseyside Independent Complaints Advocacy Service

The ICA was established in April 2013 and provides advocacy support to people wishing to raise a concern or a complaint about the NHS. It is a free and confidential service and is also independent of the NHS. The ICA supports its clients by:

  • providing Self Help Information Packs
  • assisting with writing letters
  • signposting
  • liaising on clients behalf with relevant people
  • providing guidance on obtaining medical records
  • involvement of an interpreter or provide materials in other formats
  • Attendance & support in face-to-face meetings

What the ICA does not do is:

  • Investigate complaints
  • Give medical or legal advice
  • Assist with any claims for clinical negligence
  • Assist with complaints about private medical care
  • Be involved in disciplinary action against a member of NHS staff
  • Remove a practitioner from their professional register

How to contact the ICA:

By telephone on 0808 801 0389
By fax on 0151 298 3275
By email at   

Independent advocates

You may find it useful to have someone to help you put across your case, for example, if you are a mental health service user, have learning difficulties or English is not your first language. You can contact a local organisation that may be able to provide you with an advocacy service. You can search online for advocacy groups on the Action for Advocacy website:  You can also contact them on:

Action for Advocacy
The Oasis Centre
75 Westminster Bridge Road
SE1 7HSTel: 020 7921 4395
Fax: 020 7921 4201


Health Service Ombudsman

If you are not satisfied with the response to your complaint, you can request an Independent Review of your case by the Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman – contact details are:

The Parliamentary & Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Telephone: 0345 015 4033

For information, the Ombudsman will NOT handle a case unless it has been through the NHS Complaints procedure.

How to use an Ombudsman in England

Judicial review

It may be possible to challenge the final decision on your complaint by taking court action called a judicial review. Judicial review is a procedure which allows a court of law to review decisions made by public bodies. You can find out more about judicial review on the Public Law Project's website at:

Your Compliments

We are always pleased to receive compliments and pass your positive experiences on to the individual member of staff or units involved. All compliments are included within a quarterly report to the Clinical Quality and Performance Committee.

Your Comments / Suggestions

All comments and suggestions are passed on to the relevant Commissioner of the particular service you refer to for their consideration, so that actions can be taken for improvements in the relevant service.

Your Concerns

Healthwatch Cheshire East

Healthwatch Cheshire East acts as the new local consumer champion for Health and Social Care.

  • provide information and advice to the public on Health and Social Care services
  • to monitor and listen to the views of the public on Health and Social Care services
  • to influence the way Health and Social Care services are provided in the future

For further information visit Healthwatch.

Listening Responding and Learning from Your Views and Concerns

Our aim is to continuously improve the quality of health services that we commission (buy) in Eastern Cheshire and we will use the information that we receive about compliments, concerns and complaints when reviewing and commissioning new services. We will regularly publish details of "lessons learnt" and actions taken as a result of feedback and complaints on our You Said, We Did page. We are committed to giving an equal service to all members of the public regardless of age, colour, race, ethnic origin, disability, gender, religious or sexual orientation.

Please provide at least one form of contact if you require a response.

Captcha Test Image

Contact Us

You can contact us to let us know your comments, raise a concern or give a compliment by filling in our online form or by contacting us via:

Telephone: 01625 663 864
NHS Eastern Cheshire Clinical Commissioning Group
1st Floor West Wing
New Alderley Building
Victoria Road
SK10 3BL

...your experiences of healthcare

If you want to tell us your story then please contact:

Usman Nawaz
Engagement and Involvement Manager
01625 663 864